Facilities » NSS
National Service Scheme
National Service Scheme is a central government sector scheme of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. The main purpose of NSS is to provide rich and meaningful educational experience with skills needed for democratic leadership and opportunities for personality development to youth.
Swami Vivekanand is known as father of NSS because Vivekanand has immense faith in youth of nation and had great expectations from them . He said “IT is the young the strong and healthy of sharp intellect that will reach the lord “.
Youth are the evolver of social, economic, political and cultural transformation and driving force for change so on September 24, 1969 the Union Education Minister Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao launched NSS in 37 universities.
Theme of NSS
NSS logo has been based on the giant Rath Wheel of the world famous Konark Sun Temple. The Red and Blue colours contained in the logo motivated the NSS volunteers to be active and energetic for the nation building social services .
In 2006 NSS unit of 100 volunteers was started in Institute with the aim to motivate girls for social awareness programmes. The NSS unit is affiliated to Pt. R. S.U. The unit act in accordance with the schedule of university . Around the year the unit work for social awareness, hygiene and environmental awareness.
The unit works in association with Raipur Smart City Limited and Municipal Corporation and Green Army for social, environmental awareness and hygiene.
Mrs Ratri Lahiri is NSS Officer of institute. She is trained NSS officer and awarded with many prize for her active role. She is trained program officer & Reporter.
- Inculcate social awareness among students and to cater service to society.
- Provide help to needy people and enhance their standard of living.
- Inculcate moral and social responsibilities among NSS volunteers.
- Help in disaster management.
- To relate with the community in which the volunteers work.
- To understand their role in community.
- To identify and solve the needs and problems of the community.
- To develop a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To utilize knowledge in finding solutions to individual and community problems.
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- To gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- To acquire leadership quality and democratic attitude.
- To develop capacity to cope up with the situations under emergencies and natural disasters.
- To involve in National events.
- Regular Activities – 120 Hrs
- Blood Donation Camp
- Celebration of National days
- Special cleanliness drive
- Tree plantation
- Pledge on Ekta Din, Swaccha Bharat and cracker free Diwali etc.
- Awareness activities like flood relief fund, Corona Awareness Activities and Snehalaya etc.
- Special Activities - 120 Hrs
- Special Camp (7 days outsides college)
- Tree plantation
- Gram Swacchata
- Survey for girl education, income generation and agriculture.
- Motivational lectures
- Inspirational cultural activities.
- Construction of dams.
National Service Scheme creates a sense of social responsibility, patriotism, national integration, communal harmony among the volunteers.